We are deep into the holiday season meaning good food with family and friends. One of our favorite breakfast dishes is steak and eggs. Though this is usually a dish that is an afterthought when you have leftover steak from the night before or the late night special at a local Las Vegas cafe, we hope you consider making FATTYCOW steak and eggs. This is steak and eggs, but elevated. This is a planned meal for your favorite people because it is delicious, decadent and helps you get all the protein you need to start your day and survive the insane lines at the mall (and the extended time with your family).
First, you will need to cook your FATTYCOW steak. We have prepared a fool proof method for cooking A5 Japanese Wagyu steak here.
So, you’ve cooked your steak and it’s resting. This is where the MAGIC happens for the eggs portion of the dish. What is left in the pan is the perfect rendered wagyu fat ready to cook your eggs. Here is the hard part, the decision of how you want to cook your eggs. We recommend sunny side up, though it is really up to your preference. Below is a your guide to FATTYCOW SUNNY SIDE UP EGGS.
FATTYCOW SUNNY SIDE UP EGGS
- Heat the pan you used to cook your FATTYCOW steak to low to medium heat. Make sure the rendered FATTYCOW wagyu fat is still in the pan, but remove excess as you see fit.
- Crack your eggs into a separate bowl or ramekin.
- Slowly add the eggs to the pan.
- Cover the pan with a tight fitting lid until the whites of the eggs are solid but the yolk is still runny. This should take about two to three minutes depending on how runny you like your yolk.
- Slide your eggs on a plate and they are ready to eat! Add salt and pepper to your liking.
We also love to serve FATTYCOW steak and eggs with a vegetable like the asparagus pictured. We also lightly cooked the asparagus in the remaining rendered wagyu fat, yes a little goes a LONG way. You can also store the fat in a glass mason jar to add a little more UMPH in any of your other dishes. Why we think this is the perfect holiday breakfast is because you can serve any of your other leftovers with this too. Think roasted mushrooms, biscuits, green bean casserole… you get it.
Let us know how your FATTYCOW A5 Japnese Wagyu steak and eggs taste at home!