So you’ve taken the plunge. You added a FATTYCOW steak to your cart, clicked checkout and you received your beautiful A5 Japanese Wagyu steak perfectly packaged the next day. What do you do now? One of the top responses to why people don’t desire to cook wagyu at home is they are worried about ruining this tasty treat. At FATTYCOW, we want high quality meat to be accessible to everyone. We want you to be able enjoy restaurant quality meat right at your dinner table. To cook the perfect wagyu steak only takes a few simple steps and for that, we have developed THE FOOL PROOF FATTYCOW COOKING METHOD for you.
THE FOOL PROOF FATTYCOW COOKING METHOD
- Take your steak out and allow it to come to room temperature before cooking. From the freezer to the fridge up to 48 hours ahead of time and then about 45 minutes before cooking from the fridge. Why do we do this? If we are scheming to make the best tasting wagyu steak, then it is important for the steak to be room temperature so it can cook evenly. So, take the steak out of the fridge, open a bottle of wine and enjoy a glass before cooking.
- Grab your favorite pan or cast iron skillet. DO NOT, we repeat DO NOT put a wagyu steak directly on a grill unless you want to lose that wagyu flavor and your eyebrows. Heat your pan to medium high to high heat. You do not need to add any oil to the pan. Your FATTYCOW steak already comes with enough delicious fat to cook perfectly without any outside assistance.
- Sear the wagyu steak for 2 minutes, flip and sear the other side for 2 minutes. Continue until the internal temperature is 125F. This is to get you a medium steak at the end.If you like your steak more rare, then decrease the cooking time. If you eat your steak well done, you can throw your steak away. JK. But all jokes aside, please enjoy your steak the way you like it.
- Allow the steak to rest in foil for at least 5 minutes. This means, you take your steak out of the pan, off the heat and wrap it in foil. I know by this point, your kitchen is engulfed in delicious wagyu aroma but you can’t skip this step. Anything worth eating is worth waiting for. Letting your steak rest allows all the juices and yumminess to settle or they will be lost if you cut in your steak right away.
- Slice and eat your FATTYCOW wagyu steak! Our recommendation is to enjoy the steak as is or with some flaky salt like Maldon.
Let us know how your FATTYCOW A5 Japnese Wagyu steak tastes at home!